Thursday, June 25, 2015

smoothies, protein, empty wallet?!

Do you have a Robeks near you?! Let me just talk to you for a moment about my Love/Hate relationship I got going on, which has now fully turned into LOVE...


I am attempting to be more financially responsible these days, not that I am a complete financial whacko but I definitely tend to spoil more than save and as an adult I realize more and more what repercussions that actually causes and I'm just not willing to sign up for them anymore. With that said I LOVE smoothies from Robeks and tend to visit there more than I'd like to admit.

I used to be addicted to Starbucks (goodbye wallet) and when I switched to Robeks I justified this with"it's healthier!!!" but is it really healthy to be broke?! No. I think not. Today however ladies and gents I have solved my own addiction problem (yet again?) hahah. I decided to buy the whey protein that Robeks sells. I am the pickiest person when it comes to protein and I can barely get it down most of the time but with Robeks I never taste it! Hmmmm.. that was my first clue. So after buying the protein I slyly ask the dude working
(who obviously doesn't care a whole bunch) that if I can get a copy of the recipe. He flips through a book that ends up being just the nutritional facts, and with my camera on my phone already up I ask if he could just take a picture of the instructions they have posted on the wall. 

He does. . . he ACTUALLY does!!! How awesome is this for me?!?! Hello at home deliciousness, I almost wish I had asked him to take a photo of the entire recipe page lol. I guess I shouldn't push my luck. But thanks to the dude at Robeks who was feeling generous this little lady is going to save tons of money by making her own at home. I will have to update you all when I make my first attempt. 

So yay for small victories right? I will continue on my health and fitness journey with drinking more shakes, anddd continue on the financial responsibility journey by NOT eating out and making wonderful creations AT HOME.  Stay tuned for some of those adventures to come.

Until then folks, thanks for letting me rant about my accomplishment on my lunch break :) cheers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment